March 02, 2013

To dress up or to not dress up?

The last two Halloweens we have been pretty lazy. Halloween 2011 we had no parties to go to, no reason to dress up, and no kids yet, so we stayed in and watched scary movies. I did make Chris, his brother, and his wife dress up with me long enough to take pictures. They were all good sports about it. :) Halloween 2012 we both got home from work late so we didn't even attempt dressing up. We just mosied down to our neighbors house to see our little buddy Reece dressed up and help hand out candy. We'll see how much motivation we have to dress up this year.

 We didn't really have a theme
We had wigs and a pink guitar to work with



We're pretty hardcore 

I miss living with these guys sometimes 

 We even got Tim to break out of his shell 

 He has been advised the mullet is a deal breaker in this relationship

 I think we bought the hardest pumpkins on earth.
I consider myself a seasoned carver and not even my
skills could break through these bad boys.

 Yes honey, you're so scary


 Chris's brother Eric passed away right before Halloween in 2010. Chris and I didn't meet until 6 months after this so I didn't get to meet him. But I know from the things I've heard about him that I would have loved him like everyone else that knew him did.  We were both going through hard times when we met, which I think only made us get closer faster. Chris told my mom once that he feels like I saved him. Truth is, I think we saved each other.
Halloween was Eric's favorite holiday. Tayler, Eric's daughter, carved a pumpkin to put on his grave. I can't imagine going through the hardships that she has had to face. She is such a strong, smart, beautiful, loving little lady. And I know her daddy is watching over her until they meet again. 


This is the one picture we got of Millie in her shark 
costume where she doesn't look like she hates her life 

 No dressing up this year

 You will be seeing a lot of this cute face.
Her name is Reece.
We have the best neighbors.

Trick or Treat!

Remarkable Me :o)

No comments: