April 20, 2012

Be. YOU. tiful

I have been contemplating this word beautiful lately. My friend Allie posted something on her blog about it so I felt it was time for me to do the same. Thanks for the inspiration, Allie!

 I believe that we are all our worst critics. We always see the bad before we see the good. We are so unfair to ourselves.

I was one of the tallest girls in school, from kindergarten on. I was called skyscraper, jolly green giant, big foot, etc.....I think the only thing that made me feel better about the fact that I was a giant was the that I had a friend that dealt with the same thing. We fought the battle together. We told ourselves that boys would eventually hit their growth spurts and we would stop being overseen. That's exactly what happened. Maybe not until junior year of high school, but it eventually happened. lol

That friend always told me that we should stand tall for ourselves, literally and mediphorically. We are now 5 feet and 10 inches of beautiful because we have embraced our gift of height. I don't have the gift of wonderful thighs or clear skin, both I actually dislike very much about myself, but I am 5 feet 10 inches of me. I never used to wear heels because I was always taller than all the boys I dated and even my ex husband. First thing I did after my divorce is bought 5 pairs of the tallest shoes I could find and I continue to wear them proudly.

I am getting older and I see things with my body changing. I gain weight in different spots. I can't eat like a cow like I used to and have it go no where. Cellulite is now a factor. My skin isn't as tight. Maybe this is with age too, but I have grown to appreciate my body a lot more. I made a vow to myself last year during my divorce that I was going to start from the inside out and make myself love....me. Beauty starts from the inside and I truly believe that. I cut my losses, removed the negativity in my heart, and focused on myself for once. I realized that my thighs might not be perfect and my face might still have acne (at freakin 26, almost 27! Ugh.) but I have gained a different confidence. I started to really see....me. A strong willed, independent, concur all, live through much, 5 foot 10 inches, woman.

Be. YOU. tiful :)

Love,
Remarkable Be.You.tiful ME

1 comment:

Allie said...

I loved your comment on my post! You are so beautiful Ash! I always envied you as a little child. Thanks so much for sharing! For some reason we can feel embarrassed that we were picked on. When we shouldnt be, the other person should. Lately I just feel so sad when I see kids getting picked on. Why must we be so cruel when we're young. Love ya girlie, hope things are good!